Kev and I went to San Antonio to run the Inagural Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon. We had a good time. The flight down was a little rough, but nothing a little antivert couldnt help:)
We walked all around downtown on Saturday (beucase the upcoming 13.1 miles just wasnt enough) and basically just enjoyed the nice weather and time. We went to the expo and picked up our packets and decided to purchase some new running pants since we both wanted a pair anyway and it was unseasonably cold for the race start. 4:30 am rolled around Sunday morning, we got up, got dressed and I went to put my shoes on and encountered our first issue. I packed the wrong shoes!! Well, 1 was wrong. I had one old and one new. WHat was I going to do at this point, so off we went to the race with me wearing 2 different shoes. I have a whole new appreciation for good running shoes as the addidas shoe wasnt really a running shoe, but an old workout shoe. I survived none the less and finished under my goal of 2 hours. My time was 1:59:28 and Kev's was 1:59:18 (becuase he was a good husband and stayed with me to keep me going).
No comments:
Post a Comment